"At times I think my coffee and tea addictions truly drive my artistic energy. It’s a small sacrifice for the greater good."

Style Tray

Posted: 4/5/10 | Written by Jeannie | Labels:

Wow, it’s really a new year. I find that as the seasons change and the months linger on I am changing, moving things around in not only my life but in my home. After I completed my dining room, I moved my room around. Call it winter depression or economic downturn blues, either way I took my home and flipped it around. The main thing that changed was my front rooms. I took my bookcases and put them in my dining room. This well, just MADE the room. I was surprised how much of a difference that was. I love my bookshelves in my living room but when they were up against the Eddie Bower Fig of my dining room wall, it was perfection. I did have to move a few things around, but really it was worth it. After I did that I felt that void in my living room. So of course I had to rearrange my furniture to make it perfect. I flipped my couch to the other side of the room my piano behind it. Changed out the color of my hanging fabric, added some lamps, greenery, and started 4 new paintings to set things right. Though none of the paintings are actually finished, it still feels right. I’m a designer that likes to have the feeling of a refreshing atmosphere, and when you rearrange your own furniture without spending money it refreshes more than the room. It really refreshes the soul.