"At times I think my coffee and tea addictions truly drive my artistic energy. It’s a small sacrifice for the greater good."

Style Tray

Posted: 4/3/10 | Written by Jeannie | Labels:

I must admit I'm addicted to signage. In college there was one person I aspired to be and that was David Carson. Only after conversing with him over the years did I realize that most graphic designers LOVE signage. It's one of those things that can make you fall in love with a company. Branding through a sign, a decal, even through subliminal messages... Okay maybe not the latter but signage to me is the epitome of design. Anyone can make a layout in any various computer programs, but not everyone can make you say, 'wow! I wonder what's in there' like a great signage can.

You may be wondering where I'm going with this. Well I was thinking of using signage in my kitchen. And not that cheesy 'live, love, laugh' bit but real signage from say a coffee house or restaurant. Now I just have to find my inspiration muse and let her whisper in my ear. I have a few ideas involving a chalkboard and a good book. And since I'm painting one wall the same brown as my dining room reds, whites, and blacks should look lovely!