"At times I think my coffee and tea addictions truly drive my artistic energy. It’s a small sacrifice for the greater good."

Style Tray

Posted: 4/2/10 | Written by Jeannie | Labels:


I don't know if you've noticed or not but I've added a Flickr account to help my journey to a beautiful home. I did want to share with you some of the recent mucking about I did. I had to put my kitchen and dining room on hold until the end of this month. However, I did get to rearrange my living room in order to help break up the manoteny.

I know have my piano away from the wall so I can face people in my living room while playing. That was very important to me. Also I brought out my antique cabinet my brother and his girlfriend gave me. It was hiding away in my hallway where no one saw it. Now it's out and proud. I've had many people comment on my wall of bookshelves. It's amazing what you can do with $120 bucks and chain stores. The 3 short bookshelves are from Target and the 2 tall ones are from Walmart. Both are from the 'basic' collection and cost between $20-$30. Other accent pieces are from Ikea (coffee tables), Pier One (Wicker Chairs), and Ross (Odds & Ends)

The fabric drape that hangs in the middle of the room is simply a Martha Steward window scarf attached to two wooden (painted) dowels from Osh, hung with raffia to ceiling hooks. All the paintings and photography are mine with the exception of the two original Boris Chapialin paintings I found at Goodwill. :D

The full Flickr stream can be found here