"At times I think my coffee and tea addictions truly drive my artistic energy. It’s a small sacrifice for the greater good."

Tales from an almost relationship P1

Posted: 12/20/11 | Written by Jeannie | Labels: , ,

“Why hello Samantha Hanley,” he said with a smile in his voice. He was over the top and animated when he answered the phone this time, not his normal mild mannered self.

“Well, hello Mr. Bell,” I replied back in an equally animated quality while suppressing a giggle. I couldn’t help but to smile when I talked to him on the phone, no matter how small the matter may be. Our conversation was quick. I wanted to catch a ride with his car group. The night’s festivities seemed more elaborate than I had originally expected. It seemed multiple destinations were on the table and an opportunity to couple up in cars—to couple with Mr. Bell was in order. Of course it didn’t surprise me one bit when he stated the only other person in his car was the woman I’ve deemed as ‘The Cockblock.’

“Do you want to meet me at my house? Or at [Cockblocker’s]?” he asked.

I thought for a moment or two with the stammer of, “I don’t know” and “I don’t really care,” when in fact, I did. I didn’t want to be at someone’s house who I didn’t like, waiting for him to pick us up. Eventually I spouted, “I’ll just meet you at your house. It’s closer.” And he gave me a time to be there.

This conversation went on while I was shopping. I filled my cart with this and that, nothing I needed. They say shopping is good for the economy, but in fact I think shopping while under the influence of love is better.