"At times I think my coffee and tea addictions truly drive my artistic energy. It’s a small sacrifice for the greater good."

Lost and found: starter paragraph

Posted: 1/29/11 | Written by Jeannie | Labels: ,

I found this start in a notebook. Oh, the brilliance of something like this hitting you while you’re out and about. This is why if you are a writer you should always have something in your bag to jot down notes. I’d love to take this starter paragraph and make it into something awesome. But I think that is for after my query letters are sent out.


“I swear this time I didn’t do it,” I said with a handful of wires in one hand and a CB handle in the other. Rob looks up at me from between the two suited men. I could tell he was worried. The men in black suits and skinny ties did nothing to hide their girth. My brother looked like a toddler between the two.