"At times I think my coffee and tea addictions truly drive my artistic energy. It’s a small sacrifice for the greater good."

Speed writing

Posted: 5/13/10 | Written by Jeannie | Labels:

Quick, you have five minutes to write. What do you write? You start somewhere. Is it interesting enough to keep a reader? Let’s see. Start the clock.

Today is one of those mornings where I should have just stayed indoors. Snow gently falls outside like feathers drifting from a freshly plucked duck. Pure, clean, foreboding white crystals stick to the pavement. Little Cecilia sits, wrapped tightly in an overstuffed jacket, on my hip. An Eskimo venturing out into the cold, she blinks. The floating, white magic tickles her nose. I try to remember which roads they've plowed. I can’t be late for work, not again.